If wrinkles and premature aging are or not on your wish-list then you must start caring for your skin immediately. Keep your skin looking fresh and healthy by following the tips below.
Protecting your skin is in. Here are some ways you can prevent skin cancer.
No one wants to stay inside when the sun is shining. What’s important is that you use common-sense and are smart about your sun exposure. PROTECTION IS PRIORITY. Check out how you can be sun safe.
- REDUCE sun exposure between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. and when the UV index is above 3;
- COVER up with loose fitting clothes and seek shade;
- WEAR a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses;
- USE SPF 30 or higher sunscreen and reapply according to the instructions;
- AVOID indoor tanning completely.
Be Aware - Know Your Skin
Check your skin regularly. Most skin cancers are curable if you catch them early enough. Get someone else to check the hard-to-see places like your back. Watch for:
- birthmarks or moles that change shape, color, size or surface;
- new growths on your skin like pale, pearly nodules that grow
larger and crust; or red, scaly, sharply defined patches;
- a sore that doesn't heal; or
- any patch of skin that bleeds, oozes, swells, itches.