Office of the Lieutenant Governor
2020 Queen’s Counsel appointments named14 December 2020
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Eleven New Brunswick lawyers will be appointed Queen's counsel.
The latest recipients announced today by Lt.-Gov. Brenda Murphy are:
- Steven R. Barnett, Fredericton
- Hugh J. Cameron, Fredericton
- Danys R.X. Delaquis, Saint John
- Shawn Robert Dempsey, Moncton
- Catherine A. Fawcett, Saint John
- Andrea M. Folster, Fredericton
- Marc R. Guignard, Shippagan
- Mark Robere, Bouctouche
- Marta Anna Shannon, Saint John
- Claude Voyer, Edmundston
- Monique Veillette, Moncton
Queen's Counsel is an honorary designation given to lawyers who have demonstrated outstanding practice, shown integrity and leadership and made contributions to excellence in the profession. They also must be members of the Law Society of New Brunswick and have at least 15 years' experience in the practice of law.
J.C. Marc Richard, chief justice of New Brunswick, chairs the committee that makes recommendations to the lieutenant-governor.
To comply with safety restrictions because of the COVID-19 pandemic, a ceremony will take place online today with most new members in attendance from their homes or offices. The event is hosted by the Law Society of New Brunswick.