Community Involvement Program
This program promotes life style enrichment opportunities for public housing residents.
Families and individuals residing in public housing communities.
The program is based on a community development approach where individuals organize themselves collectively into a tenant association to identify community needs, set priorities of action and utilize their own resources to carry out programs to benefit their housing community. Some activities include community gardening partnerships with outside resources and active community centers.
The objectives of this program are:
- To raise physical security level of tenants and neighbours of family housing projects.
- To raise public awareness of the objectives of Public Housing.
- To enhance the services, management and physical standards of family and senior housing projects.
- To reduce social isolation.
- To promote opportunities for residents to achieve a greater degree of self-sufficiency and housing mobility.
There are currently 17 active tenant associations, as a result of having support in four major cities across the province.