Designated Centre—Parent Subsidy Program
The Designated Centre—Parent Subsidy Program assists families with financial support to help pay for the costs of child care for children aged 0 to 5 who are not in school, and who are registered in designated New Brunswick Early Learning Centres.
The full program consists of the following components:
• Free child care services to families with a total annual gross income of $37,500 or less;
• Subsidies to help cover child care costs based on a sliding scale (between $37,501 and $80,000) determined by on the gross annual household income;
• Families will pay no more than 20% of their gross annual family income to cover child care costs.
This program is offered by this department.
Parents/guardians could be eligible to the Designated Centre—Parent Subsidy if:
• They have one preschool-aged child who is not in school and who is registered in designated New Brunswick Early Learning Centre; AND
• They are residents of New Brunswick; AND
• They are working, in training or in an education program or have a special circumstance; AND
• They have a gross annual household income is $80,000 or less; OR
• Their expenses for child care services are more than 20% of the gross annual household income.
To obtain an estimate of the subsidy use the Designated Centre—Parent Subsidy Estimator or register to the Early Childhood Services Portal.
To consult the list of designated New Brunswick Early Learning Centres and access the Designated Centre—Parent Subsidy Application Form, register to the Early Childhood Services Portal.
For more information regarding the Designated Centre—Parent Subsidy Program, please call 1-833-221-9339.
The Designated Centre—Parent Subsidy Program aims to increase families’ access to financially affordable, quality child care in designated New Brunswick Early Learning Centres.
The benefits granted to parents/guardians through the Designated Centre—Parent Subsidy are paid directly to the operators of New Brunswick Early Learning Centres. The parents/guardians are responsible for paying the difference between the actual cost of child care and the subsidy amount approved.
- Parents/guardians of school-age children enrolled in designated New Brunswick Early Learning Centres might be eligible to the Daycare Assistance Program (DAP).
How to submit your application:
Once your application is complete and all required documents are included, submit your application as follows:
- Electronically, by attaching this form along with the supporting documents listed above: [email protected]
- By mail, using the envelope enclosed, to:
P.O. Box 6000
- In person, at the Service New Brunswick office in your area. See "Service Centres" in Contact SNB.
|Contact SNB||[email protected]|