Working as an International Student

Working While You Are Studying

If you are a full-time post-secondary student enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) you may be able to work while you are enrolled in school.

A new temporary public policy was announced that from November 15, 2022, until December 31, 2023, international students who are in Canada and have off-campus work authorization on their study permit will be allowed to work over 20 hours per week off-campus while class is in session. You can find more details on this public policy eligibility here.

Finding Employment

There are many organizations that may help you prepare for and assist you to find employment while you are studying. You can visit Finding a Job in NB for more information.

In addition to working while you study, you may also be able to help your spouse or common-law partner get a work permit while you study, work temporarily, or stay permanently in Canada after you graduate as an international student.

You can explore all the criteria and possibilities available to you here.

Get in touch

Let us know your questions and we’ll get back to you with answers.

Contact Us