Health Services Orthopedic Program
This program assists clients of this department with the coverage of orthopedic items which are not covered by other agencies or private health insurance plans.
This program is available to:
• Clients of this department and their dependents
• Individuals who have special health needs and who qualify for assisted health care under Section 4.4 of the Family Income Security Act and Regulations
Clients must have one of the following:
• A valid white Health Services Card showing “SUPPLEMENTARY” in the BASIC HEALTH ELIGIBILITY section, or “OR.” (Orthopedic) in the ADDITIONAL HEALTH ELIGIBILITY section,
• A valid yellow Health Services card with a “Y” under the OTH in the VALID ONLY FOR box, or an “X” under SUPP in the VALID ONLY FOR box
Additional benefit specific criteria may apply.
In order to be eligible for full benefits through this program, you must not have any other coverage for the service(s) required.
This program covers
• Specific custom fitted braces and supports
• Custom made braces
• Therapeutic and Orthopedic design footwear
• Custom made shoes and insoles
• Modifications & Repairs
This program does not cover:
• Support bras
• Cervical pillows
• Soft or unfitted supports and braces
• Non-custom insoles
• Non-custom wrist braces and splints braces and supports for short term use
• Braces and supports for sports purposes
Most items are eligible once every 2 years for adults and once a year for children.
Modifications and repairs are paid as required but quantities and frequencies are monitored.
There is no cost to eligible clients for entitled orthopedic services.