Student Employment Experience Development (SEED) - Students
The Student Employment Experience Development (SEED) program provides funding to employers to create summer job opportunities for students. The program provides eligible students with a summer job of up to twelve (12) weeks in duration with a New Brunswick employer between April 24th and September 1st, 2023.
• Provides a wage subsidy to non-profit organizations, First Nations communities and municipalities to help them provide summer employment to students;
• Provides a work experience for students, experiential learning, mentoring and coaching;
• Helps students develop and build transferable skills and/or find employment in their field of study;
• Enhances students’ employment prospects upon completion of their studies; and
• Enables post-secondary students to finance the continuation of their education.
A candidate (student) must:
• Be a resident of New Brunswick (must have lived in New Brunswick for at least 6 months) or a First Nation community in New Brunswick;
• Be eligible to work in Canada (must have a valid SIN number);
• NOT be an immediate family member (spouse, children, parent, brother or sister) of the employer;
• Be a high school student entering grade 10, 11, or 12 in September 2023; OR
• Be a full-time Grade 12, university or college student in the current academic year of 2022-2023 AND attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the fall of 2023.
Steps for students wanting to apply for SEED funded positions:
1. Research job opportunities in the Employer Directory on www.NBSEED.ca beginning March 13, 2023.
2. Directly apply for jobs through the employer using the contact information on the job posting in the Employer Directory and go through the employers’ recruitment process to ensure a successful work placement.
3. The hiring decision rests with the employer.
This program provides students with employment opportunities during the summer break. The maximum length of a SEED summer placement is 12 weeks. In order to be considered for placements, students must apply directly to employers who have been approved for SEED summer funding. Employers approved for funding are listed in the Employer Directory at www.NBSEED.ca .