Student Employment Experience Development (SEED) - Students
The Student Employment Experience Development (SEED) program provides funding to create summer job opportunities for post-secondary students. The program provides selected students with a summer job of up to fourteen weeks in duration with a New Brunswick employer between April 29 and the Friday following Labour Day.
• Provide a valuable work experience for students, experiential learning, mentoring and coaching;
• Help students develop and build transferable skills and/or find employment in their field of study;
• Provide a wage subsidy to employers to help them provide quality summer employment to students;
• Enhance students' employment prospects upon completion of their studies; and,
• Enable students to finance the continuation of their education.
A participant must be:
• a resident of New Brunswick or a First Nation community in New Brunswick;
• eligible to work in Canada;
• a student in the current academic year and;
• attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the fall.*
*Note: grade 12 students are eligible if attending a full-time post-secondary institution in the fall.
Step 1 - Register online at www.NBseed.ca (see under related links) during the application period.
Step 2 - Upon reception of a voucher, research job opportunities.
Step 3 - Apply for jobs and go through the employers' recruitment process to ensure a successful work placement.
Step 4 - Gain valuable experience.
• Once the application process is closed, eligible SEED applicants will be selected at random from the pool of registered applicants to ensure fairness and equal opportunity. Random selection will be divided by geography/sub-region to allow for equal geographical representation. A third party, non-governmental entity will provide validation for the random section process.
• Selected participants will be notified and will receive a voucher by email along with instructions on how to connect with registered employers.
• Due to the large number of applications, some students will not receive a SEED voucher. They are encouraged to explore all summer work options in their region.
This program provides students with employment opportunities during summer break. The average length of SEED summer placements ranges between nine (9) and fourteen (14) weeks. In order to be considered for placements, students must apply online at NBSeed.ca (see under related links).