Strategic Initiatives Fund – Arts Wellness Component
The Strategic Initiatives Fund – Arts Wellness Component provides eligible New Brunswick arts organizations and groups with funding for partnership projects that positively impacts wellness through arts.
Please submit an application at least three weeks prior to the start of your project.
Eligible APPLICANTS would include (but not limited to):
• Non-profit arts and cultural organizations legally incorporated in New Brunswick;
• Cultural Industry for-profit businesses legally registered in NB, (craft entrepreneurs, commercial galleries etc.);
• Municipalities with a cultural policy;
• First Nations groups.
Eligible PARTNERS would include (but not limited to):
• Non-profit community organizations
• Multicultural organizations
• Early learning and childcare facilities
• Long-term care facilities
• Homeless shelters
• Transition homes
• Incarcerated facilities / Detention/rehabilitation centres
• First Nations
• Wellness organizations/consultants
This program provides funding in the form of a grant of up to 50% of the project’s total cost to a maximum of $10,000 per year and aims to:
• Build healthier and resilient communities through the arts;
• Improve access to arts and artists from equity-seeking groups;
• Support arts activities to underserved communities;
• Strengthen the wellness knowledge and capacity for arts organizations and artists.
Eligible activities would include those that:
• Focus primarily on engaging and presenting the arts through programming that can include creation projects, workshops, mentoring and/or performances with professional New Brunswick artists;
• Demonstrate a clear partnership with the co-applicant;
• Have a clear artistic mandate or theme and how they will engage the audience from a wellness perspective;
• Encourage broad-based knowledge and awareness of wellness in the arts.
• Foster diversity, inclusivity and engage equity-seeking groups. This may include but not limited to artists/participants from the following communities: culturally diverse; deaf and disability; Indigenous communities; and gender and sexual minorities.
*Please refer to the guidelines which contain important information about the criteria and conditions of this component.