Strategic Initiatives Fund - Digital Component
Tourism, Heritage and Culture
The Strategic Initiatives Fund – Digital Component aims to assist arts organizations and cultural businesses or entrepreneurs who wish to undertake projects or initiatives that help promote or showcase their offerings using digital means and/or approaches.
Please submit an application at least three weeks prior to the start of your project.
Eligible APPLICANTS would include (but not limited to):
• Non-profit arts and cultural organizations legally incorporated in New Brunswick;
• Cultural Industry for-profit businesses legally registered in NB, (craft entrepreneurs, commercial galleries etc.);
• Municipalities with a cultural policy;
• First Nations groups.
This program provides funding in the form of a grant of up to 50% of the project’s total cost to a maximum of $25,000 per year and aims to:
• Enhance digital knowledge, skills, and capacity;
• Improve access, engagement, and participation in the arts through digital means;
• Support the exploration, development, implementation, or optimization of existing digital initiatives;
• Support digital projects that provide visibility and export opportunity for New Brunswick’s professional arts and culture sector.
Eligible activities would include those that:
• Explore or implement new initiatives to improve digital discoverability and access to the arts (i.e. digital marketing, etc.);
• Create or update an existing website/platform that presents and encourages interaction with audiences;
• Foster the development of an artistic project with a strong digital component (i.e. use of new technologies such as augmented or virtual reality, etc.);
• Reinforce, optimize, or scale up existing digital initiatives to ensure their long-term viability;
• Access professional development opportunities to improve digital practices.
*Please refer to the guidelines which contain important information about the criteria and conditions of this component.