Total Development Fund
The Total Development Fund (TDF) supports provincial priorities as well as sector/industry-wide initiatives that optimize development, improve productivity, accelerate growth, and/or enhance competitiveness across key sectors/industries.
The TDF is available to:
• Incorporated Legal entity such as a not-for-profit or for profit, municipalities, Regional Service Commissions, First Nations
• Post-secondary and research Institutions; and
• Provincial government departments and crown corporations
Applications will be evaluated against the following eligibility and assessment criteria:
The project benefits
• The proposed project benefits, and their value to the province / region
The project viability
• The likelihood that the proposed project can be realized / completed as proposed
The project sustainability
• The probabilities that the project or the intended effects of the project can be maintained once it has been completed
The applicant viability
• The state of the operational and financial stability of the applicant
The applicant capacity
• The management and financial capacity of the client to meet costs associated with the delivery of the project
All proposal submitted for assessment are subject to applicable environmental assessment requirements and to the GNB duty to consult policy where applicable.
The amount of detail and supporting evidence to be provided in an application will be relative to the size, complexity and funding amount requested. Due to limited resources however, not all projects meeting eligibility criteria will necessarily be approved.
Projects supported with this fund must be linked to a regional or government priority and/or a departmental strategy and be able to demonstrate an economic benefit to the applied sector/industry or to the province in the following categories.
Increased Efficiency and Productivity
• Increased adoption and adaption of new and innovative practices and technology by the private sector
• Support infrastructure initiatives that increase development and competitiveness in key sectors
Research and Development
• Emphasis will be on applied research that focus on commercial objectives regarding products or processes for the benefit of the sector being targeted
Strategic Sector Initiatives
• Support government priorities of the day as recommended by line departments and government
The Regional Development Corporation will be responsible for the overall management of the TDF.
All funding applications under the TDF will be received, assessed, and evaluated by the Regional Development Corporation. The President of the Regional Development Corporation will have authority to approve funding for projects.