Regional Grant Program – Leadership Development
Tourism, Heritage and Culture
The objective of the Leadership Development component of the program is to support the training of volunteers in sport and recreation so that they have a positive impact on individuals and organizational development.
Not-for profit organization, local community sport or recreation organization and municipalities.
Both consultant services and financial contributions are available to organizations hosting educational sessions and/or sending sport and recreation leaders to such events. Examples of eligible training include:
• National Coaching Certification Program courses (including Fundamental movement skills - FMS);
• Officials clinics (must be recognized pathway);
• Instructional and upgrading sessions for leaders and volunteers;
• High Five training;
• Water Safety instruction/ National Lifesaving courses
• Registered fitness leader programs and other technical and activity oriented events;
• Physical Literacy Workshop;
• Healthy Minds for Healthy Children;
• Active Kids.
**Funding application must be received by March 15th of each year to remain eligible for consideration