Regional Grant Program – Leadership Development
The objective of the Leadership Development component of the program is to support the training of volunteers in sport and recreation so that they have a positive impact on individuals and organizational development.
Not-for profit organization, local community sport or recreation organization and municipalities.
Both consultant services and financial contributions are available to organizations hosting educational sessions and/or sending sport and recreation leaders to such events. Examples of eligible training include:
• National Coaching Certification Program courses (including Fundamental movement skills - FMS);
• Officials clinics (must be recognized pathway);
• Instructional and upgrading sessions for leaders and volunteers;
• High Five training;
• Water Safety instruction/ National Lifesaving courses
• Registered fitness leader programs and other technical and activity oriented events;
• Physical Literacy Workshop;
• Healthy Minds for Healthy Children;
• Active Kids.
**Funding application must be received by March 15th of each year to remain eligible for consideration