Government of New Brunswick


Firearms owners need an Authorization to Transport (ATT) issued by a Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) in order to transport a restricted or prohibited firearm to or from anywhere in Canada. An ATT can be authorized by a CFO as a condition on a firearms licence or as a paper ATT, depending on the transportation purpose.


To obtain an Authorization to Transport (ATT), you must meet specific eligibility criteria, as set out in the Firearms Act (Canada). For information on ATT eligibility, please consult the Canadian Firearms Program.


For additional information concerning ATTs, including how to submit your application, please contact the Provincial Firearms Office at [email protected]

Contact Information Email Location