Social Assistance – Direct Deposit
Deposits monthly social assistance benefits directly into a client’s account at the first of each month. It is easy to set up and there are no processing fees.
Social assistance recipients
The Direct Deposit form is available by clicking the link to the right called Direct Deposit Pre-Authorization Form PDF or by contacting your case manager. This form will need to be completed by the financial institution or you may attach a void cheque to the form.
This department will accept other direct deposit forms from banks or credit unions, as long as this form provides the same information.
Why use Direct Deposit?
- You will have one less thing to worry about because it is the safest way for you to receive your money
- Security: there is less risk of fraud and lost or stolen cheques
- A postal strike will not delay the delivery of your cheque
- Convenient and confidential
- You will receive a Notice of Direct Deposit each month and it will detail the amount of the cheque
- Your cheque is deposited on the 1st of each month. If the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday, then the deposit will be made on the last working day of the previous month
- There will be fewer trips to the bank and you can avoid long lines at tellers or ATMs
- Direct Deposit may be used for any account held in a New Brunswick financial institution
|Social Development Regional Offices|