Crown Lands - Shooting Range Lease
A Shooting Range lease is a legal agreement which authorizes the use of Crown Land for individual or private-group recreational facilities. A shooting range lease (handgun, shotgun or rifle) is issued for a period of 10 years.
Signing Officers must be at least 19 years of age.
Businesses must be registered with Corporate Affairs in New Brunswick and provide a copy of their Certificate of Incorporation.
Non-profit applicants must be registered with Corporate Affairs in New Brunswick and provide a copy of their Letters Patent.
Shooting ranges cannot be established within:
- 40 kilometres of another similar range, either on Crown Land or freehold land;
- 1 kilometre of schools, residences, camps, hospitals, parks, playgrounds, churches and other institutions, migratory bird sanctuaries, and known habitat of rare, threatened or endangered animal species;
- 1 kilometre of undeveloped lands where there is already a plan to use it for activities listed above or for camps or for public use; and
- 500 metres of National Wildlife Refuges, Protected Natural Areas, deer wintering areas, recreational trails, shopping centers and industrial areas.
Shooting range sites shall not contain:
- Floodplains which are lands that may be prone to flooding;
- Lakes, rivers, wetlands or other bodies of water;
- Lands that will be needed for their natural resources or development over the next 10 years;
- An operational quarry or mine site;
- Rare, threatened or endangered plant species;
- Archaeologically and culturally significant areas;
- Well-field and groundwater protection areas; and/or
- Lands within 75 meters of the shore of watercourses located in Municipal Water Supply Watersheds.
Lessees are responsible for paying rental and property taxes on a per year basis.
Changes To Fees
This document provides the rationale supporting changes to fees, associated revenue information, and the legal authority:
Lands Administration Regulation
Unless otherwise specified, Fees exclude the harmonized sales tax (HST).
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Administrative fees (non-refundable)+ HST|
|Annual Rent (Refer to the Lands Administration Regulation)||annual rent/loyer annuel||2022-04-01|