Crown Lands - Shooting Range Lease
A Shooting Range lease is a legal agreement which authorizes the use of Crown Land for individual or private-group recreational facilities. A shooting range lease (handgun, shotgun or rifle) is issued for a period of 10 years.
Signing Officers must be at least 19 years of age.
Businesses must be registered with Corporate Affairs in New Brunswick and provide a copy of their Certificate of Incorporation.
Non-profit applicants must be registered with Corporate Affairs in New Brunswick and provide a copy of their Letters Patent.
Shooting ranges cannot be established within:
- 40 kilometres of another similar range, either on Crown Land or freehold land;
- 1 kilometre of schools, residences, camps, hospitals, parks, playgrounds, churches and other institutions, migratory bird sanctuaries, and known habitat of rare, threatened or endangered animal species;
- 1 kilometre of undeveloped lands where there is already a plan to use it for activities listed above or for camps or for public use; and
- 500 metres of National Wildlife Refuges, Protected Natural Areas, deer wintering areas, recreational trails, shopping centers and industrial areas.
Shooting range sites shall not contain:
- Floodplains which are lands that may be prone to flooding;
- Lakes, rivers, wetlands or other bodies of water;
- Lands that will be needed for their natural resources or development over the next 10 years;
- An operational quarry or mine site;
- Rare, threatened or endangered plant species;
- Archaeologically and culturally significant areas;
- Well-field and groundwater protection areas; and/or
- Lands within 75 meters of the shore of watercourses located in Municipal Water Supply Watersheds.
Lessees are responsible for paying rental and property taxes on a per year basis.
Rates are based on Fair Market Value and are established in accordance with the Act and are subject to change.
Changes To Fees
This document provides the rationale supporting changes to fees, associated revenue information, and the legal authority:
Lands Administration Regulation
Unless otherwise specified, Fees exclude the harmonized sales tax (HST).
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Administrative fees (non-refundable)+ HST|
|Annual Rent (Refer to the Lands Administration Regulation)||annual rent/loyer annuel||2010-01-01|