Junior Mining Assistance Program
The New Brunswick Junior Mining Assistance Program (NBJMAP)is a financial assistance program for private-sector Junior companies. It provides up to 50% of eligible costs, within defined limits, for mineral exploration projects and is intended to increase the probability of finding economically viable mineral resources in New Brunswick.
Any private or publicly traded mineral exploration company is eligible for the program, providing:
- It holds the mineral rights, or an option agreement, to the property considered in the application,
- It does not have a self-sustained cash flow from operations,
- It is not a subsidiary of a major mining company,
- It has fulfilled all commitments for any previous grants from the MPPD, and
- Its principal business is mineral exploration and development.
- The person making the application must not be in receipt of a grant from the New Brunswick Prospectors Assistance Program.
- Previous NBJMAP grants on the property cumulatively exceed $100,000.
Eligible work may include but not restricted to:
- Core drilling or other drilling for exploration purposes, trenching;
- Geological, geochemical and geophysical surveys;
- Surface and underground bulk sampling; and
- Analytical costs
The NBJMAP funding limits per company are as follows:
- Up to 50% of project costs to a maximum of $50,000.
- The other 50% of project costs will be borne by the applicant, either in cash or “in-kind” work.
Exceptions: Projects less than $20,000 will not be considered because the minimum NBJMAP grant is $10,000.
To apply for funding under the NBJMAP program:
Download the attached application form or obtain one from one of our three offices.
Complete the application form, which must include the following:
- The history of land tenure and mineral exploration on the mineral prospect;
- A detailed description of planned exploration work
- Maps showing the location of proposed work, and
- Details of proposed expenditures
- Submit the completed application form to the address on the form.
For more details see the related links.