Deer and Game Bird Hunting Licence
Issuance of deer and game bird hunting licences to residents and non-residents of NB.
**You need to have a tag to complete the purchase online. See ‘Tag Information’ under Related Links.
Resident: Must be 12 years of age or older, must be a resident of New Brunswick as defined in the Fish and Wildlife Act and must not be restricted from purchasing a New Brunswick Hunting Licence.
Non-Resident: Must be 12 years of age or older, must show proof of identity and must not be restricted from purchasing a New Brunswick Hunting Licence.
Hunter Education Requirements:
• Resident and Non-Resident Hunters born on or after January 1, 1981 and all first-time hunters must show proof of a Firearm Safety / Hunter Education Course (gun hunters) or a stand-alone Bowhunter Education course (bow/crossbow hunters).
• Hunters born previous to 1981 may present a previous hunting licence as proof of hunting experience.
• Conservation Education certificates from other provinces, territories and states are valid in New Brunswick.
• 12-17 year old hunters who wish to purchase a Resident or Non-Resident Deer and Game Bird Licence must show proof of a Firearm Safety / Hunter Education course or a stand-alone Bowhunter Education course.
• 12-15 year old hunters must be accompanied by an adult while hunting.
• 16-17 year old hunters must be accompanied by an adult when using a centre-fire or rim-fire rifle .23 calibre or larger, or with a shotgun with ball, slug, or lead shot larger than BB or steel shot larger than F.12-15 year olds must be accompanied by an adult while hunting.
Hunting licences provide hunting opportunities to New Brunswick hunters while managing populations for future use.
Deer Licences are valid for all zones open for deer hunting.
Resident hunters who wish to hunt antlerless deer may apply to the "Antlerless Deer Draw" (deadline is the close of regular business hours at authorized vendors and Service New Brunswick Centres and midnight online using the Fish and Wildlife Licensing system on the 3rd Friday in August).
** See 'Antlerless Deer Draw Fact Sheet' under Related Links.
Non-resident hunters must hunt "bucks only" in all zones.
Hunters who wish to hunt during the muzzleloader only deer season require a Muzzleloader Season Authorization. Muzzleloader Season Authorizations are valid only in zones indicated on the licence.
Changes To Fees
This document provides the rationale supporting changes to fees, associated revenue information, and the legal authority:
2009 NR Fee changes.pdf,
2012-ERD-Fish and Wildlife Licences and Applications.pdf
Unless otherwise specified, Fees exclude the harmonized sales tax (HST).
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Deer and Game Bird (Ages 12-64) + $5 conservation fee||29.00||2009-06-01|
|Deer and Game Bird (Seniors 65 & Over) + $5 conservation fee||14.00||2009-06-01|
|Antlerless Deer Draw Application||4.00||2012-01-01|
|Muzzleloader Season Authorization||9.00||2023-09-01|
|Deer and Game Bird (Age 12+) + $10 conservation fee||173.00||2009-06-01|
|Muzzleloader Season Authorization||46.00||2023-09-01|
|Non-Resident Guide Exemption Permit||150.00||2012-01-01|
|Contact SNB (Payment Only)||[email protected]|
|Regional and District offices|