Deer and Game Bird Hunting Licence
Issuance of deer and game bird hunting licences to residents and non-residents of NB.
**You need to have a tag to complete the purchase online. See ‘Tag Information’ under Related Links.
Resident: Must be 16 years of age or older, must be a resident of New Brunswick as defined in the Fish and Wildlife Act and must not be restricted from purchasing a New Brunswick Hunting Licence.
Non-Resident: Must be 16 years of age or older, must show proof of identity and must not be restricted from purchasing a New Brunswick Hunting Licence.
Hunter Education Requirements:
• Resident and Non-Resident Hunters born on or after January 1, 1981 and all first-time hunters must show proof of a Firearm Safety / Hunter Education Course (gun hunters) or a stand-alone Bowhunter Education course (bow/crossbow hunters).
• Hunters born previous to 1981 may present a previous hunting licence as proof of hunting experience.
• Conservation Education certificates from other provinces, territories and states are valid in New Brunswick.
• 16- and 17-year-old hunters who wish to purchase a Resident or Non-Resident Deer and Game Bird Licence must show proof of a Firearm Safety / Hunter Education course or a stand-alone Bowhunter Education course.
• While hunting, they must be accompanied by an adult holder of a valid Deer or Bear Licence.
Hunting licences provide hunting opportunities to New Brunswick hunters while managing populations for future use.
Deer Licences are valid for all zones open for deer hunting.
Resident hunters who wish to hunt antlerless deer may apply to the "Antlerless Deer Draw" (2020 deadline is August 21 close of regular business hours at authorized vendors and Service New Brunswick Centres and midnight on-line using the Fish and Wildlife Licensing system).
** See 'Antlerless Deer Draw Fact Sheet' under Related Links.
Non-resident hunters must hunt "bucks only" in all zones.
Changes To Fees
This document provides the rationale supporting changes to fees, associated revenue information, and the legal authority:
2012-ERD-Fish and Wildlife Licences and Applications.pdf,
2009 NR Fee changes.pdf
Unless otherwise specified, Fees exclude the harmonized sales tax (HST).
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Deer Game and Bird (ages 16-64) + $5 conservation fee||29.00||2009-06-01|
|Deer Game and Bird (Seniors 65+) + $5 conservation fee||14.00||2009-06-01|
|Small Game (bird) (ages 16-64) + $5 conservation fee||14.00||2009-06-01|
|Small Game - Minor's Licence (12-15) + $0 conservation fee||7.00||2009-06-01|
|Small Game (Seniors 65+) + $5 conservation fee||8.00||2009-06-01|
|Antlerless Deer Draw Application||4.00||2012-01-01|
|Non Resident Licences||2012-01-01|
|Deer and Game Bird (age 16+) + $10 conservation fee||173.00||2009-06-01|
|Game (Bird) (age 14+) + $10 conservation fee||72.00||2009-06-01|
|Non-Resident Guide Exemption Permit||150.00||2012-01-01|
|Contact SNB (Payment Only)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Regional and District offices|