Public Advisories & Alerts
Residents can report damages related to heavy rainfall25 January 2019
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Residents can report damages related to Thursday’s heavy rainfall by calling 1-888-298-8555 or by registering damages online.
Reporting damages to the provincial government as soon as possible is an important part of the provincial damage assessment and recovery process. The cut-off date to register damages is Feb. 8.
The Service New Brunswick TeleServices line will be available to receive calls between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays.
The Damage Report Line program will allow residents, tenants, small businesses and not-for-profit organizations to receive information and register their flood-related damage with a single phone call.
It is important to note that no Disaster Financial Assistance program has been established for this event. A decision will be made following the completion of a damage assessment and a recommendation submitted to the provincial government. If a program is approved and established, an official announcement will be made.
Damage assessments will be reviewed, and health and safety inspection teams may be dispatched if required.
- Residents are reminded to:
- Contact their insurance companies immediately to report damage.
- Take photos of damage in their homes or properties.
- Keep receipts of any repairs and replacement purchases for any uninsurable losses.
- Log the amount of hours of work undertaken for residents who are cleaning their own properties, or family members or those who have assisted in the cleanup process of their property.