Office of the Lieutenant-Governor
2022 King’s counsel appointments named15 November 2022
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Thirteen New Brunswick lawyers have been appointed King's counsel.
The latest recipients announced today by Lt.-Gov. Brenda Murphy are:
- Clarence Bennett, Saint John
- Catherine Bowlen, Fredericton
- Marc-Antoine Chiasson, Moncton
- Matthew Cripps, Miramichi
- Jamie Eddy, Fredericton
- Lisa Keenan, Rothesay
- Rodney Macdonald, Saint John
- Michael Marin, Fredericton
- Michèle Morin, Mazerolle Settlement
- Michèle Pelletier, Charlo
- Tracy Peters, Dieppe
- Talia Profit, Moncton
- Christopher Titus, Saint John
King's counsel is an honorary designation given to lawyers who have demonstrated outstanding practice, shown integrity and leadership, and made contributions to excellence in the profession. They also must be members of the Law Society of New Brunswick and have at least 15 years' experience in the practice of law.
J.C. Marc Richard, chief justice of New Brunswick, chairs the committee that makes recommendations to the lieutenant-governor.
A swearing-in ceremony took place Monday at the legislature.15-11-22