Close of nominations for municipal byelections12 April 2019
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Byelections will take place in seven municipalities on Monday, May 6, following today’s close of nominations.
Byelections will take place in:
- Blacks Harbour (two councillors)
- Campobello (mayor)
- Florenceville-Bristol (one councillor, Ward 2)
- Le Goulet (one councillor)
- Hanwell (one councillor-at-large)
- Saint John (one councillor, Ward 3)
- Sainte-Marie-Saint-Raphaël (one councillor)
One day of advance voting is scheduled for Saturday, April 27. Election day is Monday, May 6. Polls will be open from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Candidates were elected by acclamation in:
- Beaubassin East (Richard P. Ratelle, councillor, Ward 4)
- Bertrand (Isabelle Nowlan, councillor)
- Paquetville (Carole Robichaud, councillor)
- Rivière-Verte (Amélie Frenette, councillor)
- Sainte-Marie-Saint-Raphaël (Bernard Savoie, mayor)
Following the close of nominations, a vacancy remained in the municipality of Salisbury.
The Local Governance Act states a byelection shall not be held during the 12 months immediately preceding the date of a general election, so those vacancies, and any additional vacancies that might occur, will be included in the next municipal general elections scheduled for May 2020.
The list of candidates running in each municipality is available on the Elections New Brunswick website on the events tab.