REVISED / Update on Cannabis NB retail locations19 December 2017
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The provincial government reported today that, as a result of a tender process, 11 locations for Cannabis NB retail stores have been awarded and tenders for the nine remaining sites have been re-issued.
“Your government is preparing for the federal government’s legalization of recreational-use cannabis in a prudent and responsible manner,” said Finance Minister Cathy Rogers. “These locations will be open in time for the July 2018 implementation date. To ensure distribution and accessibility provincewide, secure online sales will also be available.”
The original tender was for 20 sites in 15 communities. The following retail locations will be open in July 2018:
- Choice Properties – 165 Main St.
- Mapleton Holdings Inc. – 40 Wyse St.
- Perfection Realty – 780 Dieppe Blvd.
- Dalin Investments Inc. – 435 Brookside Dr.
- Heron Enterprises Inc. – 16 Commerce Dr.
Greater Saint John
- Loblaw Properties Ltd. – 168 Rothesay Ave.
- Plazacorp Property Holdings – 87 Landsdowne Ave.
- Choice Properties – 640 St. Peter Ave.
- Plazacorp Properties Inc. – 2540 King George Hwy.
- Plazacorp Properties Inc. – 138 Main St.
- Cordova Realty – intersection of Route 3 Old Ridge Road and Route 1
“We are pleased to have been able to secure locations for 11 stores in eight communities,” said Brian Harriman, president and CEO of NB Liquor. “The remaining locations have been re-tendered for the nine areas, allowing for those who did not get a chance to submit the first time around to do so at this time.”
Tenders have been re-issued for the following locations, anticipated to be open by September 2018:
- Fredericton – Southside location;
- Greater Saint John – Rothesay/Quispamsis location;
- Perth-Andover; and