Monday, March 8th, 2022 will be International Women's Day (IWD)!
To celebrate the day, the Women’s Equality Branch (WEB) is looking to feature student submissions for the
"NB Women who inspire us" #IWD2022.
This past March, WEB had the privilege of sharing the stories of New Brunswick’s unsung heroes
from students across the province. The submissions received told us about mothers, grandmothers,
sisters, neighbours and colleagues; women who have inspired us all.
We have been so impressed and honoured by all those who participated and shared their stories.
Is there an NB woman who inspires you?
School submissions are now closed.
All schools, and students of all grades in all regions across the province are invited
to submit either a video, a poster or a story about a woman who inspires them;
a woman that has shaped their lives, community or place of work.
The school with the greatest number of submissions will be awarded the “School of the Year”
certificate for demonstrated support of International Women’s Day.
The top five student submissions will be featured at our IWD March 8th event.
- Video submission should introduce viewers to the woman being celebrated and explain who they are and how they have inspired the student.
- Video submissions must be accompanied by student’s name and name of school.
- Maximum 2 minutes.
- Posters may be submitted digitally or in hard copy at the address below.
- Poster submissions should include an image of the woman you are celebrating (if possible).
- Poster submission must explain who they are and how they have inspired the student.
- Poster submissions must be accompanied by student’s name and name of school.
- Stories may be submitted digitally or in hard copy at the address below.
- Story submissions should include an image of the woman the student is celebrating (if possible).
- Maximum1000 words.
- Story submissions must be accompanied by student’s name and name of school.
Digital submissions can be sent to email@example.com
Hard copy submissions can be mailed to:
Women's Equality Branch GNB
20 McGloin St,
Fredericton, NB E3A 5T8
The school with the greatest number of submissions will be awarded the IWD “School of the Year” certificate.
By submitting your entry for International Women’s Day – NB Women Who Inspire Us, you consent that the Government of New Brunswick’s - Women’s Equality Branch may use, publish, exhibit, distribute and reproduce your submission, your name and the name of your school in on-line or print media, and at associated public events.