Strategic Initiatives Fund - Strategic Growth and Development Component
The Strategic Initiatives Fund – Strategic Growth & Development Component aims to assist arts and culture organizations and cultural industries with initiatives that enhance growth, professionalism, and sustainable contributions to the cultural sector.
Please submit an application at least three weeks prior to the start of your project.
Eligible APPLICANTS would include (but not limited to):
• Non-profit arts and cultural organizations legally incorporated in New Brunswick;
• Cultural Industry for-profit businesses legally registered in NB, (craft entrepreneurs, commercial galleries etc.);
• Municipalities with a cultural policy;
• First Nations groups.
This program provides funding in the form of a grant of up to 50% of the project’s total cost to a maximum of $50,000 per year and aims to:
• Encourage cultural and artistic projects that contribute to the visibility, vitality and professionalism of the province’s arts and culture sector as outlined in the Cultural Policy;
• Strengthen the professionalism of New Brunswick’s arts and cultural sector through projects that mobilize multiple partners and provide increased creative, economic and/or professional benefits for professional artists and cultural producers.
Eligible activities would include those that:
• Stimulate growth and long-term sustainability, or that demonstrate a positive economic impact on the arts and culture sector in NB. These outcomes must be specific and measurable.
• Help the applicant access new sources of revenues from Federal programs, the private sector, foundations, etc.
• Include new programming and/or services relevant to the community;
• Foster strategic plans that help the organization attain greater professionalism;
• Improve staff and/or board performance and skills.
*Please refer to the guidelines which contain important information about the criteria and conditions of this component.