Fresh AIR: NB Parks Artists in Residence
The Fresh AIR program places professional artists in Provincial parks during Labour Day Weekend (September 5 to 7, 2020) to engage with the public and develop their artistic practice or existing projects in a natural setting during the challenging reality of COVID-19. The artist will be offered an artist fee for participating.
The program is open to professional artists.
A professional artist is defined as an individual who:
• Has a history of public presentation in a professional context;
• Practices an art and offers services in exchange for remuneration as a creator; and
• Has specialized training in the arts (not necessarily in academic institutions) and is recognized as such by their peers.
Preference will be given to applicants that identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Colour) artists.
The artist must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and must have resided in New Brunswick for at least one year (12 months) prior to the start date of the residency.
The program is planned for the following locations:
• Hopewell Rocks
• Les Jardins Botanique de la République
• Mount Carleton
• Village Historique Acadien
• The artist will receive an artist in residence fee of $500 per day.
• The artist will be on-site for 4 hours per day, within daylight, for a minimum of two days and a maximum of 3 days.
• The artist should be comfortable interacting with the public and is expected to provide some demonstration or public access during the residency, respecting social distancing.
*Please refer to the guidelines which contain important information about the criteria and conditions of this program.