Office of the Premier
Acting changes to cabinet announced05 October 2018
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Premier Brian Gallant today announced changes to cabinet portfolios. All changes are in an acting capacity.
"During this period of transition, we wanted to ensure that government departments are administered by elected MLAs,” said Gallant. “We have a strong, capable, experienced team of ministers who will take on new responsibilities on an interim basis to focus on New Brunswickers’ priorities.”
Additional portfolio assignments are effective immediately.
The following is a complete list of ministers (*denotes a change or addition):
- Brian Gallant, premier, president of the Executive Council, attorney general, minister responsible for Innovation, minister responsible for the Premier’s Council on Disabilities, minister responsible for Women’s Equality, and regional minister for Saint John and Southwestern New Brunswick;
- Stephen Horsman*, deputy premier, minister of Families and Children, minister responsible for military affairs, regional minister for Greater Fredericton, and acting minister responsible for Poverty Reduction and the Economic and Social Inclusion Corporation;
- Denis Landry*, minister of Justice and Public Safety, acting minister of Transportation and Infrastructure;
- Brian Kenny*, minister of Education and Early Childhood Development, minister responsible for Official Languages, and acting deputy government house leader;
- Roger Melanson*, president of the Treasury Board, minister of Post-Secondary Education, minister responsible for Aboriginal Affairs, minister responsible for Trade Policy, and acting minister of Energy and Resource Development;
- Francine Landry*, minister of Economic Development, minister responsible for La Francophonie, minister responsible for Opportunities NB, regional minister for Northern New Brunswick, acting minister responsible for the Northern Fund, and acting minister responsible for Intergovernmental Affairs;
- Cathy Rogers*, minister of Finance, minister responsible for Literacy, regional minister for Greater Moncton and Southeastern New Brunswick, and acting minister responsible for the Regional Development Corporation;
- Lisa Harris*, minister of Seniors and Long-Term Care, minister responsible for Celtic Affairs, acting minister responsible for the Miramichi Fund, and acting government house leader;
- Benoît Bourque*, minister of Health, minister responsible for Service New Brunswick, and acting minister of Aquaculture and Fisheries;
- Andrew Harvey*, minister of Environment and Local Government, acting minister of Agriculture, Mines and Rural Affairs, and acting regional minister for Central New Brunswick; and
- Gilles LePage*, minister of Labour, Employment and Population Growth, and acting minister of Tourism, Heritage and Culture.