Upon entering into an apprenticeship program, an apprentice with previous technical training
may be eligible to receive theory credits toward the apprenticeship program upon registering in
Once you have completed and signed the apprenticeship agreement with all parties, a request for PLAR may be submitted by supplying the following:
- official transcript of marks issued by the training institution;
- copies of curriculum content (if available);
- training institution’s name and address; and
- training institution’s contact name and telephone number.
This information should be forwarded to the apprenticeship office in your region to determine if there is a match between your completed training and New Brunswick's curriculum.
If a match exists, there are options available:
1) receive full credit for the examination level or
2) challenge the corresponding examination.