Who we are
The office of the Advocate Services is independent of WorkSafeNB. We provide information, advice and direct representation to injured workers or their dependants.
Our service is at no cost to you. We provide free and confidential services.
What we do
As your Advocates, we will:
- Review your file from WorksafeNB.
- Explain decisions made by WorksafeNB.
- Listen and give advice on the options available.
- Explain the appeal process.
- Follow up.
In addition, we may:
- Assist in gathering additional information, if necessary.
- Provide a communication channel between injured workers and/or their dependents and WorkSafeNB.
- Represent you at the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Tribunal.
When to contact us
- Your claim has been denied.
- You are having problems with your claim.
- You have a question about a decision regarding your claim.
- You have questions about your claim and want advice and assistance on your rights and responsibilities as an injured worker/dependent.
How you can help
- By sending all medical information, referrals and tests to WorksafeNB, especially if your claim is denied.
- By making sure we have your current address and phone number.
- By having a written decision from WorksafeNB.
- By informing us of any changes of physicians.