- Usually the best method for coping with almost all types of raccoon damage.
- Remove obvious sources of food or shelter around the premises; usually not practical as a sole method of controlling damage
- Keep garbage & it's odors contained in Raccoon-proof containers.
- Several methods may be effective, but only for a short time.
- Cage traps and body-gripping traps are very effective, especially in conjunction with exclusion and/or habitat modification.
- Can be very effective, particularly if trained hounds are used to tree the raccoons. Regulations apply contact local DNR office.