The Radio Communication Branch of the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DTI) provides innovative solutions and services to meet the needs of our customers. A great display of this is our ability to provide mission critical radio communications to provincial/federal/municipal, volunteer organizations and agencies on a day-to-day basis. To learn more about our operations click on a drop-down menu below.
RADCOM installed and still maintains the traditional Integrated Radio Communications System (IRCS) used across New Brunswick.
In 2016 RADCOM introduced the now prevalent New Brunswick Trunked Mobile Radio System (NBTMR) to the province. On a day-to-day basis, RADCOM employees work to install, maintain, and train users on this system.
- NBTMR allows the same or different departments to communicate with one another via radio talkgroups assigned by the Provincial Mobile Communication Centre (PMCC) all across the maritime provinces.
RADCOM’s Incident Support & Emergency Response program is a rapidly growing part of our department as more departments are realizing our vast capabilities which include:
- Providing remote communications support capabilities through portable mast or communications support trailer deployment
- Lending out portable radios to departments during organized events or emergencies
- Providing short-term or long-term coverage enhancement solutions or capabilities for outdoor or indoor applications
- Communications planning and subject matter expertise offered to provide strategic recommendations and guidance during incidents & emergencies
- The Provincial Mobile Communication Centre (PMCC) is a control centre that oversees the Integrated Radio Communications System (IRCS) and New Brunswick Trunked Mobile Radio System (NBTMR) networks on a 24-hour basis.
- This centre is a hub for incoming calls regarding issues of all kinds and receives more than 325,000 radio/telephone calls per year.
- The PMCC has the ability to provide dispatch and alerting services in the case of an emergency or can interconnect users in the province using the NBTMR provincial talkgroup system
- RADCOM installs and maintains GPS systems used by government vehicles across the province. For more information, please visit our GPS supplier’s website using the link on the side of this webpage.
Overall, we are a high performing and responsive organization providing efficient services and support, with the goal of improving the lives, safety, and security of New Brunswickers.