REVISED / Buy New Brunswick campaign launched14 July 2017
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The Buy New Brunswick campaign is travelling the province again this year, promoting homegrown foods and beverages.
“The Buy New Brunswick campaign offers you a taste of what your fellow New Brunswickers are producing,” said Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries Minister Rick Doucet. “We know this initiative is helping them earn their spot at your dinner table.”
The Buy New Brunswick team will visit community events throughout the summer and fall. The campaign features a range of products, from traditional crops to specialty produce, as well as fish, seafood, meat and wines.
“Some of the best products in the world are grown and processed right here in New Brunswick,” said Doucet. “We are pleased to play our part and feature them at our world-class food tourism events.”
Stops on the 2017 Buy New Brunswick tour include:
- Saveur Terre et Mer, July 14, Shippagan
- Big Axe Craft Beer Festival, July 15, Nackawic
- Canada’s Irish Festival on the Miramichi, July 22, Miramichi
- Beresford Market, July 29, Beresford
- Grand Manan Rotary Festival, Aug. 2-6, Grand Manan
- New Brunswick Day Celebration, Aug. 7, Edmundston
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada 150 Celebration, Aug. 19, Fredericton
- Port Elgin Agricultural Exhibition, Aug. 19, Port Elgin
- Good Food Greater Fredericton Local Food Event, Aug. 26, Fredericton
- Expo Kent, Aug. 27, Bouctouche
- Feast in the Field, Sept. 10, Fredericton
- Charlotte County Fall Fair, Sept. 16, St. Stephen
- Sackville Fall Fair, Sept. 16, Sackville
- Open Farm Day, Sept. 17, central and southern New Brunswick
- Maritime Honey Festival, Sept. 23, Fredericton
Tour co-ordinators will be on hand at these events and others, sharing recipes, brochures, guides and maps highlighting local products so people can get the most out of their Buy New Brunswick experience this summer.
“From the tenderest cuts of meat, the most delectable seafood, and nutritious fresh vegetables, we have everything you need to serve up the perfect meal,” said Doucet.
“We even have great ciders, wines, beers and juices with which to pair them.”