In the last 10 years, our provincial debt has nearly doubled and will soon reach $14 billion. That’s $40,000 for every household in New Brunswick.
Your government has committed to balancing the budget as quickly as possible so our children and grandchildren are not burdened with this debt.
We have some big choices to make in the next provincial budget.
We’re already looking for savings to get us to a balanced budget in 2019-2020 – that’s an important step in reducing this debt.
We’re tackling this challenge in five key areas:
- Establishing balanced sustainability for public finances
- Energizing the private sector
- Making public health care accessible and dependable
- Building a world-class education system
- Giving every New Brunswicker a pathway to the middle class
But government alone can’t make all the decisions. We need New Brunswickers to help by sharing their thoughts and ideas online.
Share your views starting February 1, 2019 and help build a more secure future for New Brunswick.
Deadline is February 28, 2019