Using a Representative

The Government of New Brunswick believes that, in most cases, employers and their candidates can complete and submit provincial immigration applications without the services of a Canadian lawyer, Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) or other authorized services provider. Indeed, all provincial immigration program guides and necessary application forms are available on this website. And if you have specific questions or concerns, you can contact us.

In many situations, however, you may choose to use a representative to provide immigration advice or assistance with your immigration and other workforce needs.

Choosing an Authorized Representative

If you do decide to use the services of an Canadian lawyer, registered Canadian immigration consultant (RCIC) or other authorized representative, be sure to choose a reputable agency or individual, and remember, only the following professionals can charge a monetary fee for immigration support services. If they are not a member in good standing of their respective regulatory body, you should not use their services.


Lawyers who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society. Most law societies let you check online to see if a person is a member in good standing. To locate or verify the status of a  lawyer in Canada:

Law Society of British Columbia
Law Society of Alberta
Law Society of Saskatchewan
Law Society of Manitoba
Law Society of Ontario
Barreau du Québec
Law Society of New Brunswick
Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
Law Society of Prince Edward Island
Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
Law Society of Yukon
Law Society of the Northwest TerritoriesLaw Society of Nunavut

Registered Canadian immigration consultants (RCICs)

RCICs who are members in good standing with the College of Citizenship and Immigration Consultants (CCIC). To locate or verify the status of an RCIC in Canada:

College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants

Notaries (Québec only)

Notaries who are members in good standing with the Chambre des notaires du Québec. To locate or verify the status of a notary in Québec:

Chambre des notaires du Québec (French only)

Paralegals (Ontario only)

Paralegals who are members in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario. To locate or verify the status of a paralegal in Ontario:

Law Society of Ontario

Get in touch

Let us know your questions and we’ll get back to you with answers.

Contact Us