Health Services Allergy Serum Program
This program assists clients of this department with coverage for allergy serum which is not covered by other agencies or private health insurance plans.
This program is available to:
• clients of this department and their dependents;
• individuals who have special health needs and who qualify for assisted health care under Section 4.4 of the Family Income Security Act and Regulations.
Clients must have one of the following:
• a valid white Health Services Card showing “SUPPLEMENTARY” in the Basic Health Eligibility section, or "ASER" in the Additional Health Eligibility section
• A valid yellow Health Services card with A “Y” under the OTH in the VALID ONLY FOR box, or An “X” under SUPP in the VALID ONLY FOR box
Additional benefit specific eligibility criteria may apply.
In order to be eligible for full benefits through this program, you must not have any other coverage for the service(s) required.
This program covers Allergy serum only.
This program does not cover
• Allergy testing
• Physician appointments for injections
• Supplies for injections (syringes, etc)
• Over the counter allergy medications
There is no cost to eligible clients for allergy serum.