Advancing Agriculture - Apple Industry Development Program
This program under the Canada/New Brunswick Growing Forward 2 Initiative will provide strategic assistance to the New Brunswick apple industry.
• Must be a New Brunswick resident at least 19 years of age or a business registered in New Brunswick that has filed an income tax return in the past year which included agricultural income from apple production.
• Activities must be carried out within the province of New Brunswick.
• Must be a member in good standing of the Apple Growers of New Brunswick (AGNB) as prescribed under the New Brunswick Natural Products Act.
The Apple Industry Development Program has the following objectives:
• To capitalize on apple development opportunities and to improve the profitability of New Brunswick apple producers.
• To advance the apple sector in New Brunswick through the establishment of more productive orchards and new varieties of apples and rootstocks.
• To increase the value of apples and apple products through the adoption of technologies that will improve apple storage systems and fruit quality assurance.