Apple Development Initiative
This initiative provides strategic assistance to the New Brunswick apple industry.
• Individuals and agri-businesses must have filed an income tax return in the past year which included agricultural income from apple production. They must be at least 19 years of age.
• Individuals and agri-businesses will be in good standing with apple marketing regulations as prescribed under the New Brunswick Natural Products Act and administered by the Apple Growers of New Brunswick (AGNB).
• Activities must be carried out within the province of New Brunswick.
The Apple Development Initiative has 2 elements:
1) Assistance for the Establishment of More Productive Orchards and New Varieties of Apples and Rootstocks.
2) Support for Post-harvest Apple Storage Systems and Quality Assurance Technologies.