A healthy mental health: a balanced life
It takes only a few ingredients to inspire hope
- Foster healthy, meaningful relationships.
- Share humour. Laughter can go a long way to keeping us mentally fit!
- Do one thing at a time. Learn to enjoy the present moment fully.
- Enjoy hobbies. They will keep your brain active!
- Volunteer within your community. You will help others and make yourself feel great at the same time.
- Set realistic goals; reaching them will build confidence and foster a sense of satisfaction.
- Exercise regularly to improve your psychological well-being and reduce depression, stress and anxiety.
- Take a few moments each day: close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and unplug from your surroundings. This simple practice helps lower blood pressure and calms your mind.
- “Collect” positive emotional moments. Recall times when you have experienced pleasure, comfort, peace or other positive feelings.
- Each day, remember three things for which you can be grateful. An attitude of gratitude boosts our immune system. “
For more information on ways to boost your mental health visit the Canadian Mental Health Association.