Although depression is a treatable illness, many people do not seek help.
Ask for help if
- You feel depressed, lonely, or moody
- You turn to alcohol or drugs
- You engage in unnecessary risk-taking
- You throw yourself compulsively into your work to hide your depression.
Get help by contacting a trusted Community member, talk to a friend or family member, talk to your family doctor or call your local Community Mental Health Services.
If in Crisis, contact 24 hour emergency numbers:
- Tele-care/Télé-soins: 8-1-1
- CHIMO helpline: 1-800-667-5005
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Go directly to the Emergency Department of the nearest hospital
- Call 9-1-1