EECD supports the delivery of this micro-credentialing program designed by the New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) and the Collège Communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB). In addition, funding is available to support registered educators with tuition fees and learning materials. This program, which takes 6 to 8 months to complete, includes:
- Onsite training to obtain the one-year college certificate; and
- The opportunity for educators to gain experience in child care centres while practising and demonstrating the skills learned in theoretical training modules.
Note: To be eligible for this program, educators must:
- Be currently employed and working with children under the age of five in a licensed early learning and child care facility;
- Have worked at least three years with children under the age of five in a licensed early learning and child care facility; and
- Have completed the “Introduction to Early Childhood Education” course (90 hours, online).
For more information or to apply, please visit New Brunswick Community College or Collège Communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick.
What we have accomplished in 2021-2022
- 75 francophone educators are presently active in the experiential program at CCNB
- 150 anglophone educators are presently active in the micro-credentialing Program at NBCC
What is to come in 2022-2023
- 30 seats are available for eligible francophone educators to start this program in September 2022 at CCNB
- 90 seats are available for eligible anglophone educators to start the micro-credentialing program in June 2022 at NBCC