Health Services Ostomy / Incontinence Program
This program assists clients of this department with coverage for ostomy, catheterization and incontinence supplies which are not covered by other agencies or private health insurance plans.
This program is available to:
• Clients of this department and their dependents
• Individuals who have special health needs and who qualify for assisted health care under Section 4.4 of the Family Income Security Act and Regulations
Clients must have one of the following:
• A valid white Health Serviced card showing “SUPPLEMENTARY” in the BASIC HEALTH ELIGIBILITY section, or “OS” in the ADDITIONAL HEALTH ELIGIBIITY section
• A valid yellow Health Services card with A “Y” under the OTH in the VALID ONLY FOR box.
Additional benefit specific criteria may apply.
In order to be eligible for full benefits through this program, you must not have any other coverage for the service(s) required.
This program covers supplies directly related to the management of:
• A colostomy, ileostomy or urostomy
• Internal, external or intermittent catheterization
This program does not cover
• Gloves used for general patient care
• Over the counter medications
• General purpose moisturizers
• Prescription drugs
Eligible services are paid monthly but quantities and frequencies are monitored
There is no cost to eligible clients for entitled ostomy, catheterization or incontinence supplies