Health Services Convalescent/Rehabilitation Program
This program assists clients of this department with the provision and maintenance of specific convalescent and rehabilitation items and services which are not covered by other agencies or private health insurance plans.
Equipment may be provided from the Recycling Program, or provided new, when recycled equipment is not available.
This program is available to:
• clients of this department and their dependents;
• individuals who have special health needs and who qualify for assisted health care under Section 4.4 of the Family Income Security Act and Regulations.
Clients must have one of the following:
• a valid white Health Services Card showing "SUPPLEMENTARY” in the BASIC HEALTH, or “CREQUIP” (Convalescent/Rehab Equipment” in the ADDITIONAL HEALTH ELIGIBILITY section
• a valid yellow Health Services Card showing A “Y” under the OTH in the VALID ONLY FOR box, or An “X” under SUPP in the VALID ONLY For box
Additional benefit-specific eligibility criteria may apply.
In order to be eligible for full benefits through this program, you must not have any other coverage for the service(s) required.
Benefits covered under this program are:
• Canes, crutches, walkers, gait trainers
• Raised toilet seats, reducer rings, toiler risers, toilet safety frame, commodes,
tub transfer bench, bath benches and chairs, hand held showers, bath lifts, shower commodes
• Arco rail, M-rail, Smart rail, trapeze bar, grab bars, wall mounted supports, super poles, supine stander, prone stander, hydraulic standing frame
• Transfer boards, disc and belts, standing transfer aid, portable manual lift, power patient lifts, ceiling mounted lifts, slings
• Tens machines and supplies, burn garments & dressings, infusion pump rental and supplies
• Emergency Response Systems
• Compression stockings and sleeves
• Blood Pressure Monitors, Port-o-cath supplies, medical helmets, pressure relief cushions outside a wheelchair
• Hospital beds
• Reactive and active support surfaces (for pressure reduction)
This program does not cover
• Lift chairs
• Stair lifts
• Exercise equipment
• Adaptive aids
• Communication equipment
• CircaAid products
• Compression hose accessories (gloves, donning devices)
• Equipment required for short term use
• Equipment that is not patient specific for clients in adult residential facilities
All recyclable equipment purchased by this department belongs to the Recycling Program. Before any equipment purchase will be considered, clients (or their representatives) must sign an agreement to return the item to the Recycling Program once it is no longer required.
Most equipment available under this program is eligible once every 5 years. Ongoing services normally paid monthly.
There is no cost to eligible clients for entitled services.