Family Violence in New Brunswick (PLEIS)
A series of pamphlets dealing with family violence. The purpose of these pamphlets is to provide some basic information about family violence in New Brunswick. It does not contain a complete statement of the law in the area and laws change from time to time.
Public Legal Education and Information Service is a non-profit organization that is mandated to provide the public with law information resources. PLEIS-NB receives funding and in-kind support from this Department and the New Brunswick Law Foundation and Justice Canada.
New Brunswick residents.
The publications on Family Violence include:
• A Legal Rights Handbook for Abused Women
• A Service Provider's Roadmap to Empowering Women
• Child Abuse - Recognize It, Report It, Prevent It!
• Creating Healthy Personal Relationships
• Ending Abuse In Your Relationship: A Woman's Roadmap to Empowerment
• Family Violence and the Law: Train-the-Trainer
• Family Violence Prevention Month lapel button
• Family Violence Prevention Month poster
• Family Violence: It's Your Business (toolkit, poster, bookmark & brochure)
• Getting married? Before you say your vows...be sure your home will be loving and safe!
• Information for Abused Women - Dealing With The Police
• Information for Abused Women - Going To Court
• Information for Abused Women - Survival Strategies
• Information For Immigrant Women
• Leaving Abuse: Tips For Your Safety
• New Brunswick Directory of Services for Victims of Abuse
• Resource Directory (Fredericton)
• Spousal Assault: What Victims Want and Need from the Police
• Woman Abuse Consultation: A Report on the Concerns About the Legal System's Response to Woman Abuse
• Women Abuse Survival Strategies: Making the Legal Remedies Work
• Workplace Harassment: What Municipal Employees Should Know
The related link will take you directly to the publications.