Services for Preschool Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
The province contracts with authorized agencies across the province to provide intervention services to preschool age children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The child must be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The child must be a resident of New Brunswick including children living on a First Nations reserve.
The child is eligible until the beginning of the school year in which they become 5 years of age.
Once a child has been diagnosed they are referred to an authorized agency in their area which provide the following services:
- developmental assessment;
- case plan development and management;
- direct one-to-one intensive intervention;
- clinical supervision;
- collaboration with health care professionals working under Regional Health Authorities;
- transition-to-kindergarten planning; and
- ongoing monitoring and review of case plans
Please refer to the “Brochure” and “Standards for Agencies Delivering Intervention Services for Preschool Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder” in the Related Links section below on how services are accessed and for a more detailed description of services.
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 1-855-453-2950.