Motorcycle Mechanic - Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification
Apprenticeship training is not available for this occupation
An individual desiring certification as a journeyperson in New Brunswick in the Motorcycle Mechanic occupation is required to meet one of the following five criteria:
- Completion of an Apprenticeship Program
- Occupational Experience (Time in Occupation/Trade)
- Interprovincial Status
- Equivalent Standards
- Letter of Authenticity (Grandfather Clause)
For more detailed information, see "Avenues of Certification" in the related links.
Fully qualified persons of journeyperson status in the Motorcycle Mechanic occupation are fully familiar with the tools, materials, principles and skills required in the Motorcycle Mechanic occupation.
Some of the tasks encompassed in the Motorcyle Mechanic occupation may include the selecting, inspecting, using, maintaining, replacing, adjusting,installing, removing of:
- various trade related tools and shop equipment
- fastners, tubing, piping, coupling, fittings, electrical wiring and connectors
- bearings, bushings, seals, belts, sheaves, pulleys, chains and sprockets
- tires, wheels and components
- mechanical braking systems
- hydraulic braking systems
- clutches, kick start systems and primary drives
- liquid cooling and air induction systems
- engine ignition components
- engine exhaust systems
A person who has gained the equivalent of 4 years of practical experience in the Motorcycle Mechanic occupation may be apply to challenge the certifiation examination. Successful candidates will receive a New Brunswick Certificate of Qualification. In most instances, an Interprovincial Red Seal will be affixed to the document.
Persons of journeyperson status may be employed with motorcycle dealerships and private companies.
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Interprovincial Standards Examination||200.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Examination||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification based on "out-of-province journeyperson status"||150.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Certification Documents||20.00||2012-07-31|
|Tuition Fees - Technical Training weekly rate||60.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Challenger Assessment Fee||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Prior Learning Assessment||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Photo Identification Card||20.00||2012-07-31|
|Assessment of Foreign Credentials||100.00||2012-07-31|