Public Advisories & Alerts
* Public Alert - River Watch
Flood damage registration deadline June 2919 June 2018
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The deadline for reporting damage caused by the spring flood is Friday, June 29.
More than 2,800 New Brunswickers registered for disaster financial assistance in the wake of the spring flood, but registration has dwindled over the last two weeks. Health and safety inspection teams have completed 2,812 inspections, and there are 33 left to do. The toll-free line for registering damage, 1-888-298-8555, will close June 29, as well.
This is not a deadline to file a disaster financial assistance application. A deadline for submitting that paperwork has not been set.
Help with disaster financial assistance claims is still available at several locations across the province. Community offices have been opened in:
- Maugerville – Maugerville Community Centre, 439 Rte. 105 (506-444-2012)
- Rothesay – Rothesay Town Hall, 70 Hampton Rd. (506-848-6658)
- Jemseg – Jemseg Lions Club, 695 Rte. 2
- Douglas Harbour – Douglas Harbour Community Centre, 90 Scotchtown Rd.
Satellite offices have been set up in:
- Saint John – 15 King’s Square North (506-658-5390)
- Hampton – 410 William Bell Dr., Unit 1 (506-832-6030)
- Fredericton – Service New Brunswick building, 432 Queen St. (506-453-6514)
- Burton – Burton courthouse, 23 Rte. 102 (506-357-4622)
Claims officers are at these locations to assist with applications and to answer questions about the recovery process.