Provides grants up to $5,000 to eligible organizations to implement initiatives or projects that focus on the prevention of all types of violence against women.
For not for profit organizations
Initiatives or projects can include one or more of the following components: public education, community awareness, and short-term support to abused women (for example through workshops). It is not meant to fund ongoing service delivery or support.
Applicants are required to meet the following requirements to be eligible to receive a grant under the program:
- Projects must reflect the main program’s objective which is the prevention of all types of violence against women.
- The scope of eligible projects must be within the province. Activities outside the province of New Brunswick are not eligible.
- Ongoing service delivery as well as activities that have already taken place will not be funded.
- Recipients must meet specific terms and conditions of the grant within required date (e.g. deliverables including narrative report, financial statement, feedback, two copies of any materials produced, etc.).
- The maximum financial support for which a recipient is eligible is $5000.
Organizations must use the approved form to submit their request for funding.
For more information, please contact:
Women’s Equality Branch
Violence Prevention and Community Partnerships Initiatives (Unit)
551 King Street, Suite A
PO Box 6000
506 453-8126506 453-8126
Toll Free: (877) 253-0266(877) 253-0266