Adult High School Diploma - Certification
The Adult High School Diploma (AHSD) is intended as an alternative to the General Educational Development (GED) Diploma and a regular high school diploma. This is best suited for those individuals who are only a few credits short of receiving a high school diploma. NOTE: This service is only available in the Anglophone sector.
In order to receive an Adult High School Diploma (AHSD), you must meet the following requirements:
1) have not graduated from high school
2) be at least nineteen years of age
3) have successfully completed the course or credit requirements listed below
4) present a transcript of all your high school marks to AHSD administrator
5) submit the registration form
The Adult High School Diploma (AHSD) recognizes academic course credits from a variety of sources, such as high school, night school, community college, university, correspondence, and other provinces. It is issued by the Province of New Brunswick and is recognized by colleges, universities and employers.
Individuals who do not have all the required courses for their Adult High School Diploma may apply to their local Community College to take the required courses.
There are nine required courses/credits for the Adult High School Diploma:
1) 1 Mathematics course/credit at the Grade 11 level
2) 1 English course/credit at the Grade 12 level
3) 1 Science course/credit at the Grade 11 or Grade 12 level
4) 1 French course/credit at the Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12 level
5) 1 History/Social Studies course/credit at the Grade 11 or Grade 12 level
6) 1 Computer Literacy course/credit at the Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12 level
7) 3 Optional courses/credits at the Grade 11 or Grade 12 level