Property Tax Equalized Payment Plan (EPP)
The EPP is a convenient voluntary payment plan that allows eligible homeowners to pay their annual property tax in twelve equal monthly payments without incurring a penalty. Monthly payments are automatically withdrawn from the homeowner’s chequing account from March to February, instead of a single annual payment. There is no administration fee to join the plan.
Homeowners can participate in the EPP providing the following conditions are met:
1. the property must be their principal residence.
2. the property must be in receipt of the Provincial Residential Property Tax Credit (full or partial).
3. the property tax account must be paid in full (no tax arrears) at the time of application.
4. the applicant must complete an EPP Application Form for direct withdrawal (in Canadian funds) from a chequing account at a Canadian bank or financial institution.
5. the property taxes are not being paid by a mortgage company or financial institution.
See Related Links below.