Prescription Drug Program - Cystic Fibrosis Plan
The Cystic Fibrosis Plan is a provincial drug plan that helps eligible New Brunswick residents with the cost of certain Cystic Fibrosis drugs.
New Brunswick residents diagnosed with cystic fibrosis can apply for the Cystic Fibrosis Plan if they:
- have a valid New Brunswick Medicare card, and
- do not have coverage for any portion of the cost of Cystic Fibrosis drugs from any other drug plan, or
- Have existing drug coverage with another drug plan, however:
- The applicant has reached their annual or lifetime maximum for drug coverage with the other drug plan
- The drug prescribed is not listed on the formulary of the other drug plan, or
- The drug prescribed is listed on the formulary of the other drug plan, but not for the prescribed indication (condition).
Refer to the Forms section for more information on how to apply.
The New Brunswick Prescription Drug Program Formulary (see Related Links) lists the drugs which are eligible for coverage for each plan.
The Cystic Fibrosis Plan has an annual registration fee of $50 and a copayment. The copayment is the portion of the prescription cost that you pay each time you have a prescription filled. The copayment is 20% of the prescription cost up to a maximum of $20. The copayment ceiling is $500 per family unit per plan year.