Laptop Subsidy Program
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development Bring Your Own Device program is for students in grades 9 to 12. A laptop or tablet is a required tool to support learning in these grades. This program will allow for more personalized learning opportunities to help better prepare students for post-secondary education and the workplace.
The Department understands that purchasing a new device may be a financial pressure for families. In response, the department has launched a financial assistance program for low to middle income families.
Under the program, parents and guardians have two options to help provide their student with a device:
1. Buy a device that meets the minimum device requirements (see Related Links section) and apply for a reimbursement within 6 months of the purchase. Reimbursements can be provided by e-transfer or cheque.
2. Apply for a subsidy online. Once your application is approved you will receive a subsidy code to apply towards the online purchase of a laptop at IMP Solutions. If you receive the full subsidy of $600 the cost of the laptop would be fully covered. The standard laptop offered by IMP Solutions is the Dell Latitude 3310 laptop.
The eligibility criteria and potential assistance to support the purchase of new devices are in the Eligibility document in the Related Links section.
How to apply for assistance:
1. Determine if you are eligible to apply, according to eligibility criteria above.
2. Before applying, you will need the following information:
a. Electronic copies of your most recent Notice of Assessments or your last 4 consecutive pay stubs, for you and your partner.
b. The NBEN of each student in grade 9–12 who needs a device. (If you do not know your child’s NBEN see the FAQ for information on how to find it.)
c. If you have purchased a device, a detailed receipt of the purchase.
3. To begin your application, please visit the Parent Portal (see Related Links section).
4. You will need to sign-in to the Parent Portal. If you do not already have an account, you can create a new one in the portal.
5. Once you have submitted the application, you will receive a confirmation email. This email contains your unique confirmation code. You can use this code as a reference if you need to inquire about your application.
6. Your application will be reviewed and validated by a team at SNB.
7. Once validated, approved applicants will receive an approval email.
a. If you applied for a reimbursement, the email will inform you of the reimbursement amount and the details of how you will receive your funds.
b. If you applied for a subsidy, the email will inform you of your unique code and the amount of credit it is worth on the IMP Solutions online site. The email will provide details to assist you in completing the purchase of a laptop through IMP Solutions.
What if I am ineligible and need a device?
If you are ineligible to receive a subsidy but would like to take advantage of a discounted price for the Dell Latitude 3310 laptop, you may still buy it through IMP Solutions. You may access their site at https://eecdsd-edpeae.impsolutions.com. An email was sent to parents of grade 9 students with a unique code to enter when completing the online order. If you didn’t receive the email, you can contact us at 1-833-901-1963.
• Get answers to frequently asked questions (see Related Links section)
• Call 1-833-901-1963
o Mon - Fri, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
o Sat, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
• Email us at [email protected]