Moving Forward Group Program for Mothers and Children
Executive Council Office
A community-based group program for children and their mothers to promote healing from the effects of women abuse.
Mothers who have survived an abusive relationship and their children aged 4 -16 years.
It is a free, voluntary program that offers separate, yet complimentary group experiences for children and their mothers. Nine communities offer the program.
Over 10-12 weeks children’s groups cover such topics as: awareness of feelings, safety planning and positive problem solving. Group guidelines and trained facilitators help to create a safe, secure and predictable environment for children to share their experiences.
Mothers participate in an adult group during the same week their children are in the children's group. The mother's group offers women an opportunity to reflect on how to support their children's healing and an opportunity to gain information and support in understanding the impact of the abuse on their children.
Assistance with childcare or transportation to the groups may be arranged if needed.
• Fredericton Liberty Lane Inc. 506 451-2120
• Woodstock Valley Outreach 506 328-9680
• Saint John Moving Forward 506 632-5775
• Miramichi Family Violence Partnership Committee 506 778-6496
• Saige 506 857-3258 ext. 41
• Edmundston Comité de la Violence Familiale du Nord-Ouest Inc. 506 263-1119; 506 740-1121
• Acadian Peninsula Services à la Famille de la Péninsule 506 727-1866
• Campbellton Restigouche Family Services Inc. 506 753-4161 (ext. 261)
• Sussex Committee for the Prevention of Family Violence 506 433-4842
Violence Prevention Initiatives(Unit)
551 King Street, Fredericton