Arts and Cultural Industries - Strategic Initiatives Fund (Grant)
The Strategic Initiatives Fund (SIF) aims to assist arts and culture organizations and cultural industries with the implementation of initiatives that enhance growth, professionalism, and sustainable contributions to the cultural sector.
Eligible Applicants would include (but not limited to):
• Not-for-profit Arts Organizations and Cultural Associations;
• Cultural Industries;
• Municipalities that have a cultural policy;
• First Nations groups.
The program supports initiatives that:
• Encourage cultural and artistic events/activities that contribute to the visibility, vitality and professionalism of the province’s arts and culture sector as outlined in the Cultural Policy;
• Strengthen the professionalism of New Brunswick’s arts and culture sector through projects that mobilize multiple partners and provide economic and/or professional benefits for professional artists and cultural producers;
• Provide visibility and export opportunity for New Brunswick’s arts and culture sector.
Initiatives may include, but are not limited to:
• Strategic planning;
• Opportunities to improve staff and/or board performance and skills;
• Collaborations, partnerships and strategic development opportunities that leverage new funding;
• Activities that provide increased sustainability or economic impact in the community;
• Participation in domestic and international marketing and presentation opportunities.
There are two components to the Strategic Initiatives Fund:
1. SIF- Strategic Growth and Development Component
2. SIF- Market Access Component
• Applications and all required support materials must be submitted at least six (6) weeks prior to the start of the initiative;
• Applications will be accepted until depletion of the budget;
• Initiatives should end no later than March 31st in the fiscal year in which funding was received;
• Final reports are due 30 days following the end of the initiative.
• Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
*Please refer to the guidelines which contain important information about the criteria and conditions of this component.