Health Services Enhanced Dental Program
Assists eligible clients of this department with additional coverage for specific dental services which are not covered by other agencies or private health insurance plans. These services are negotiated with the New Brunswick Dental Society.
Clients of this department who are:
• Between the ages of 19 and 64,
• Participating in Career Development Options programming,
• In need of additional treatment to support employment or educational goals
Clients must have:
• A valid white health Services card indicating “ENHANCED DENTAL” in the BASIC HEALTH ELIGIBILITY section
Additional benefit specific criteria may apply.
This program is only available to clients who have no other dental coverage.
Additional Dental benefits covered under this program are:
• Complete oral exam,
• Scaling/ root planning
• Root canal on anterior teeth,
This program does not cover:
• Orthodontic services and appliances
• Fluoride treatment
• Root canals on posterior teeth
Clients are eligible for a maximum of $1000 per year, excluding emergency treatment and prosthetic services
Clients are eligible for this program for one year with the option to renew annually for a maximum of three years. Time restrictions for services covered under the regular Dental Program would also apply.
Adults will be charged a 30% participation fee for services covered under this program. Once a treatment plan has been determined, the dental professional can advise of the amount payable. The participation fee will be paid directly to the dental professional and may be required before any denture related services are provided.